Bibli-ASPA has a social assistance center, made up by professional social workers, with the purpose of meeting the needs of our refugees.
These are some of our actions, performed free of charge:
- Program of Portuguese Language and Brazilian Culture for Refugees
- Training courses on gastronomy, computing and other specialties;
- Feeding (sometimes, the only meal a refugee has during that day);
- Transportation for refugees;
- Course materials;
- Campaigns for collecting clothes, hygiene products, food, etc;
- Housing assistance;
- Support for placement in the labor market;
- Translation and support to regularize documents;
- Legal aid;
- Psychological assistance;
- Referral and/or escort interpreting in doctor’s appointments, visits to government agencies, etc.
- Socialization area.
Click here and take part in this initiative.